Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Yesterday I ate jellyfish for the first time. I also picked up a dangerous new addiction: playing Pokemon.

Last week, my editor brought in a Nintendo DS for a photo spread on study distractions. It was still lying around the office on Tuesday morning, and I picked it up out of some combination of boredom and curiosity. Three hours later, I'd accomplished zero work aside from gathering a fighting team of six cuddly creatures and setting out on an epic journey as a Pokemon trainer.

The Platinum Version of Pokemon is far different from the game Scott and I played as kids. Here you can engage in wireless play with friends, cook Piddles (or Poddles?) with the DS stylus, explore a secret underground world . . . the list goes on, and the fun never ends.

I'm too busy loving this game to be embarrassed that I'm playing it.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of Nintendo DS.... the new one with the camera has a special PURIKURA "game"!!!!!! Ummm... I think we need it!

    ReplyDelete